Graham, predominantly self taught he chose oil paints as his medium and painted wet into wet, which is the style of the impressionist artists and lends itself best for outdoor painting. He was most influenced by Sir Arthur Streeton and those of the Heidelberg school of artists.
1984 saw Graham moved to the "World Heritage listed" Blue Mountains west of Sydney. He tried a number of jobs but always felt constrained .His professional career started by selling paintings to the buses of tourists who visit the Blue Mountains every day.
Graham applied for an Artist In Residence at Dunmoochin, Victoria 1998, the home of renowned Australian artist Clifton Pugh, Here he met other artists and with renewed vigor painted the local landscapes plein air. This area North of Melbourne had beautiful stands of Huge River gums and other subjects which were all new and fresh to his eye.
In 2001 Graham returned to NSW living on the Central Coast. Selling online the majority of his work was sold to overseas clients from the USA, Japan, UK and Europe. With the freedom of the internet to make sales he traveled to China where he lived there for 4 years and met some great Chinese artists who showed him the techniques of ink wash painting.
Graham presently lives in Lithgow NSW where he continues to sell through his online gallery. After painting professionally for many years he has won many awards, including a number of first places, had sell-out exhibitions at Prouds Art Gallery Sydney and has his paintings in some of Australia's most prestigious Art Galleries as well as the Korean consulate. Graham's works have been presented to visiting dignitaries, sports persons and are represented in private collections all over the world.
- 2018 Blackheath Rhododendron Festival Art Show - 1st place oil, acrylic
- 2016 Winmalee Artfest - Highly commended
- 2011 Winmalee Artfest - Best Oil Painting
- 2001 Whittlesea Show - Second Prize
- 2001: Yakkerboo Art Show- Best painting between $602 & $950
- 2000: Warrandyte Art Show - Highly Commended
- 2000: 30th Werribee Art Show- Best Painting
- 2000: Cobram Art Show- Highly Commended
- 2000: Chirnside Park Art show- Highly Commended
- 1999: Whittlesea Agricultural show- First Prize
- 1999: Whittlesea Agricultural show- Second Prize
- 1999: Kalkalo Art Show- Best Painting
- 1998: Whittlesea Agricultural show- Most Outstanding
- 1998: Whittlesea Agricultural show- First prize
- 1998: Whittlesea Agricultural show- Second Prize
- 1998: Whittlesea Agricultural show- Third prize
- 1992: Oberon Art Show- First Prize
- 1986: Penrith Leauges Club Art Show- Second Prize